- Death is a Fisherman
- From my project "Songs For The Dead"- a collection of songs dealing with death and the different approaches to the subject.
"Death is a Fisherman" by Benjamin Franklin
- Death is a fisherman, the world we see
- His fish-pond is, and we the fishes be;
- His net some general sickness; howe'er he
- Is not so kind as other fishers be;
- For if they take one of the smaller fry,
- They throw him in again, he shall not die:
- But death is sure to kill all he can get,
- And all is fish with him that comes to net.