The SLSA/DHL partnership, beginning in September 2003,continues to be the biggest financial sponsorship ever received by Surf LifeSaving Australia (SLSA). Shared brand values and visual profiles have contributed to the SLSA and DHL partnership. The below campaign was designed to promote beach safety and increase DHL's brand awareness (across AU & NZ).
The DHL/SLSA 'Welcome to Summer campaign' took place during the first week of summer in December 2009. During this week a number of marketing activities and corporate events were held across the nation.
The campaign was also mirrored in and throughout New Zealand, to leverage the sponsorship of Surf Life Saving New Zealand by DHL.
For the first week of December 2009:
- All DHL domestic shipments were stickered with a DHL/SLSA sticker promoting beach safety.
- DHL domestic customers received a branded gift pack containing:
- collateral promoting beach safety and the SLSA sponsorship
- a floating DHL/SLSA branded key ring
- Le-Tan Hands-free High Protection Sunscreen Lotion
- DHL/SLSA branded beach thongs
- All DHL couriers wore custom-made DHL/SLSA shirts promoting the message 'DHL - To the Rescue'
- SLSA lifeguards were supplied with new patrol shirts
- The SLSA sponsorship and a beach safety message was promoting through the use of Decals on
selected DHL courier vans
- DHL stations and offices were decorated with posters and marketing collateral to promote the campaign's
- DHL staff received eDM communications informing them about sponsorship and campaign details
- DHL staff celebrated the campaign launch through internal events and a special guest visit from Mr
Whippy to welcome all to summer
- DHL staff received branded gift packs promoting the sponsorship