- THE IDEADISCOVER THE CONSTELATIONS THROUGH A DIGITALE EXEPRIENCEThis website is a digital experience that allows the user to discover each constellation around the world. The idea was to create a immersive experience by creating an adaptive website. The user is in control of his own personal spaceship which enables them to navigate the website and explore the universe surrounding them.
ART DIRECTORAfter thinking the concept through with Timothée Roussilhe, we worked on the user experience. We tried to achieve the highest level of detail and create the best experience possible. When the UX-work was in place, I realised the art direction. I wanted to create something simple where every single detail was well considered and thought out.
- 01|The first step for the user is to discover their location on the planisphere.The website adapts to the users datas and triggers a custom experience.
- The type of spaceship changes depending on your location.
The design of the website changes depending on the moment of the day, There are 2 versions, a day version and a night version.
|The second step for the user is to discover which constelations he can see.The website adapts the position of the constelations depending on the location of the user and the seasons.
- Using your spaceship the user can travel across the universe and discover the different constellations. When approaching a specific formation of stars, lines will connect the stars and form the constellation.
- The user is able to see other active users. If you click on them you will see information regarding their current location.
- For example, in this image, you control the blue spaceship, which hails from Paris in France. You are seeing 2 online users. The yellow one hails from Sydney in Australia. By identifying the shape of the spaceship you know the other ship stems from the middle East (cf. image 6).
- On the bottom of your screen you have a radar. This tool helps the user navigate throughthe experience.
- You can follow the position of the sun or the moon in the sky. The position indicates the time of day. When the night falls, the design changes to the night version.
- You can also directly access to the next or the previous constellation without navigatewith your spaceship. You just have to use the left or the right arrows.
- When you click on a constellation, you have more information about this one.You can directly navigate between the constellations.
- There are 10 sizes of stars. The stars subject to the gravity law.
- There are some interactive elements to complete the experience.
- 1. Falling star 2. Blackhole 3. Astéroïde
- —[the first prototype]It's more a dev protoype, we will improve the design like on the behance case study soon—
CREDITSThe first version of this project was for a creative studio with an other concept, but this client decidedto stop it. The different quoted people co-worked with me on the first version.Thimothee Roussilhe — UX design
Cyril Agosta – Front developperWilliam Holcman — Front developper
Marie Boubet & Antoine Touzot – Project manager
Guillaume Tropée – Back developperAurélie Bastian — SEO managerThanks Hubblesource for the illustrations
Thank you for watching