- The Circle Square cafe is a unique concept brought upon by a research heavy class. This project took quite abit of analysis, it required us to step out of the bubble as student designers.
- Cafe ConceptThe idea was simple, a cafe that made a very clear distinction between two personalities. The circle, which i embued with the idea of being artistic, flexible and fun; and the square, being rigid and structured. The idea was to make the customer pick, aligning them to either shape.
- First we picked a location, I picked west 32nd, as I liked the vibe and culture of the neighbourhood.
I explored the neighbourhood taking pictures, interviewing residents and talking to store owners as part of my research. In short, the area was, colorful, rustic and out-of-the-ordinary.West 32nd - Once an area highly populated by Italians that lived in Denver. But after a flood, a hip, young street with charming little boutiques.
- We did multiple cafe interviews with people that indulged in both Indie and Chain cafes. We really wanted to find out what made a cafe tick.
- Then I developed some personas. Based on the locational context and interviews I did at cafes. These served to really guide my process for the cafe later on.
- My favourite part was probably creating these little diagrams based on our persona development. It gave us a perspective to look from. I decided that my patrons would need a place that:Provided a unique experienceIs a place they can come to regularly to work.Has a affordable menu
- We did service blueprints, What occurs when a customer walks in. The experience from start to finish. We used this to create our final collateral pieces. These were my menu, sleeves, vinyl application, promotional poster and facebook application.