This was a very fun process using inks and watercolor paper. I basically had laid out a 32 page spread for this children's book and then took the cover and a few of the inner spreads to finish. I had the thumbs for the spreads blown up for my mock book and for the finished pages I simply got a large pad of watercolor paper and dipped my quill in the ink and started drawing.
I wanted to find that awesome place between messy and planned so each spread was drawn at least 3 times to find a good balance. I also wrote out the story but I didn't put all the pages up and it's just a simple font to keep the place on the page.