- Castle Village (w/Instancer)
Programming for Animators - SVA Fall 2011
- This castle environment was a final project for my Programming for Animators course. It required making good use of the instancer. I placed particles along the surface in selected areas and created ab objectPP script to place random variations of trees, bushes, flowers, and stones that I have created, which allowed me to shuffle through until I found a set that pleased me.
- 1a. Started the project by sketching top-view map layouts to get a better idea of where to place my structures.
- 2a. Created basic models, which were initially too big. Scaled down and worked more on micro modeling to give a better sense of scale (i.e. wheelbarrow, axe, signpost, plant life, stones, barrels, plates).
- 3a. Started texturing and tested my objectPP instancer. Needed more than just trees!
- 4a. Final renders with a fully set-dressed environment. Next, to solve the abandonment problem with characters!