- C16 modular lamp prototype"Exploring color gradients inside material. "Over the past years we've explored different kinds of materials, designs and layouts - creating pieces of audioreactive light-art, lamps and illuminating installations. C16 is a prototype concept playing with the perception of moving light-gradients inside of materials.
- "Enjoy stunning audio reactive patterns & a hypnotizing ambient atmosphere."
The C16 combines the arts of industrial, graphic and light design withprogramming to create an interactive light solution for all kinds of purposes and areas.
- The C16's touch-sensitive bottom case let's you control features such as brightness and color,
while more advanced settings can be made via custom applications for:
Mac / Linux / Windows + iPad & iPhone.
- "The C16 is made entirely out of high quality plexiglasand offers a huge variety of waysto customize its' appearance."The C16 is just the beginning - thought up as a modular system, customers or interior designers are able to tailor the system according to their needs, with basic models such as the C32, the C64 or custom sizes. The tubes themselves can also be ordered in different lenght & diameter, giving the client even more options and a different light impact each time.
- "While researching we came across a wonderful side-effect based on the properties of a special high-end material. "
When illuminating the edges of a plate or a tube with different colors on two sides, wonderful gradients are being created.
When playing with the brightness in relation to the material's length the color-mix pulses and waves,
creating a play between color domination, blending and movement.Connecting multiple devices with bended tubes can create whole multi-user system with wandering colors.
- "The movements and fades of the color inside the material are hypnotizing like a lava lamp, making it audio-reactive was the next logical step."
- "For interior design & architectural demands the tubes can also be replaced with solid plates up to 2x1 meters. The material is over 90% transparent so you can look right through it."Each device is "hand produced" in germany with a laser-cutter & 3D printer and is based on open source tools. If you feel like (and are able to) you can even program the hardware by yourself usingcreative languages like processing, openFrameworks, etc.For sustainability each piece of the device can be replaced if broken and meets the highest quality standards.
- "I love it. Where can I buy this?"We got the software and hardware running. To make this a real product we are now planning to manufacture final prototype devices in different sizes with the proper surface finish and to finalize the remote application for iOS / Mac / PC / Linux.To do so, we need time and of course - money.We are shooting for a release in fall 2013, providing lamps in different sizes."Sponsors and investors are welcome."