- BIOGRAPHY / COVERFor my graduation degree I'm going to finish this little, strange, book. It's a biography about Trent Reznor, but also a sort of manual about communication, creativity, use of technology and social media in music and graphic arts. The life of the Nine Inch Nails' mastermind is explained through his songs, and the line that separate his personal experiences and the interpretation of his works are really blurry.Well, it's a bit complicated to explain this concept in english, because - cough cough! - my english is really "rudimental". I hope that these images can explain part of the visuals I'm crafting for this project. And obviously, i hope that you could like it!
- REMIX WORK / THE WARNINGThat remix really makes me proud - I wanted to create something that could sound NINish, but in a different way, like a disturbed symphonic pop with guitars, and obviously a final crescendo. I really hope that you could like it!
- BIOGRAPHY / INNER ARTWORKProbably, i will put this shot at the end of the book, to credit myself. I tried, with a lot of "interference post-production", to recreate the visual mood of the Renzor's visual identity, taking inspiration - especially - by With Teeth and Year Zero, and then by the artwork of The Social Network score.The original shot was took by Elena Valdré, friend and Photographer.
- Another artwork for the book. I think that the photo is property of Rob Sheridan, but I'm not sure about it. If someone will tell me the autor of this shot, i'll gladly credit him. Or i will remove the photo, if necessary!
- ARTIST'S BOOK / ROB SHERIDANA font created for a "book in the book" (a small publication about the art of Rob Sheridan). I discovered, months ago, that font is really similar to the one created, decades ago, by Theo Van Doesburg, a multidisciplinary artist connected with the Bauhaus.
Really, I didn't copy him! We just woke up with same idea, which is very simple: a modular font constructed only with square shapes.
- Here, some example of the uses of this font. These modular shapes i think really fits the NIN's aesthetics!
- EXTRA / RELATED WORKSHere, a very old Photoshop creation, a promotial poster made to "spread the word" about NIN. On my Flickr page this work has reached 10.000 and more visualizations, here... he! I think think I have to wait for these numbers! :D
- Also this work is a little "ancient", but still powerful! The awful shot is mine, but the face is of a friend of mine, an Illustrator, Writer and Comic Artist from Italy, Julie Maggi.At this link, her website.
- aaaaand... a little "backstage" about it!