- Bath Spa University
- In an increasingly competitive sector Bath Spa needed to differentiate themselves from the competition, and define their own uniquely compelling offer to attract students to study at the university.
With major development and investment planned over the next 5 years the university is transforming into one of the UK's most highly regarded educational establishments, in one of the UK's most traditional and picturesque settings. This brand overhaul is a beacon of change and positions the university as an established and professional choice for students.
The project included a new logo, brand architecture, guidelines, tone of voice and a completely bespoke typeface, as well as templates and literature for initial phase brand roll-out.
- △A unique truth about the university is that the blend of traditional surroundings, mixed with contemporary facilities and modern teaching methods, creates the space for students to discover, create, learn and grow. This creates a unique proposition for Bath and a messaging framework that places the logo at the heart of the story.
- △To create the new Bath Spa University logo a bespoke typeface was constructed in two weights. The letterforms are inspired by traditionally etched Roman typography, and the effects that the interplay between light and shadow create though its method of application. It's designed to have one foot in the past whilst nodding towards the universities bright future, it's called Bath Spa New Roman. Created in partnership with Mark Caneso — ps.type
- △A unique way of speaking was also created for the university. By combining dual messages and word pairs, it creates something new in meaning and context. The university can create all manner of outcomes, with infinite possibilities. This helps to further illustrate the point that Bath Spa is the space for personal expression.
- △Literature system covering course brochures for under and post graduate study as well as key documents such as the annual review and prospectus.
- △A complete set of brand guidelines helps to keep everything in order, and covers everything from the brand story to specific applications.