The "Bandi Scarab" is a PC I've been dreaming to make since I saw the Lian Li Spider PC-T1RThe "Bandi Scarab" is a PC I've been dreaming to make since I saw the Lian Li Spider PC-T1R Test Bench Case
one day browsing through the internet looking for a cool PC to make for myself. Since I needed a PC that had more space hard drives, add-on cards and such I spent my money on a X-Clear Acrylic Case
to make my first computer rig for work the "Morcilla" (more on that one in another post). After that I always kept thinking about this build and what would make it look even cooler. Little by little I kept finding better parts for it, though I wasn't ready to purchase the whole thing. Comes christmas and I get the Lian Li Spider case as a present, so what now? I ordered the rest of the parts, the first parts as you will see in the picture has the motherboard, CPU and memory that were migrated to the Thermaltake Lanbox Lite VF600BWS
- Bandi Box PC (more on that one in another post). So without further ado, I give you the specifications of the completed BANDI SCARAB:
1. Case - Lian Li Spider PC-T1R Test Bench Case
- This is the red spider, I believe Lian Li stopped making this specific color now, I'm not 100% sure on that but I haven't seen it available lately.
2. Motherboard - ASUS M4A88T-I Deluxe
- This was the most powerful AM3 mini itx at the time of purchase. It has the 880g North Bridge with the AMD SB710 South Bridge. DDR3 1600, Sata 3g, RAID with ATI Radeon HD 4250, though it only support 95w TDP. Also it has integrated bluetooth and wifi.
3. CPU - AMD Phenom II X2 555 Retail HDZ555WFGMBOX
- Factory 3.2Ghz, OVERCLOCKED to 3.6Ghz (cannot unlock cores because when I do its power consumptions rises to 125W and the board only holds 95W :(
4. Heatsink - Thermaltake DuOrb
- features 2 fans that cool the CPU while acting as the spider's eye. The CPU and heatsink are put together using an Artic Silver 5
5. Memory - Kingston HyperX - Memory - 4 GB(2 x 2 GB) - SO DIMM 204-pin - DDR3 - 1600 MHz / PC3-12800 - CL9 - 1.5 V - unbuffered - non-ECC
6. SSD - OCZ 60 GB Vertex 2 SATA II 2.5-Inch (SSD) OCZSSD22VTXE60G
- here I installed the operating system and its program files
7. HDD - Seagate Momentus 7200.4 320 GB 7200RPM SATA 3Gb/s 16MB Cache 2.5 ST9320423AS
- in this one I put all my personal files such as documents, music, pics and videos.
8. PSU - OCZ Fatal1ty 550W Modular Gaming Power Supply
- the reason I chose this one is purely based on that it glowed red, its powerful and since its modular I don't have all the cables dangling.
9. ODD - Sony Optiarc AD-7690H DVD-RW MULTI - internal - 5.25" Slim Line
- this one is slot loading because the other ones would just interfere with the design so a slot loading makes it look more lively when they come out.
Other accesories include: a 3.5" to 2.5" HDD bracket by Bytecc
, a Tripp Lite P562-001-45L DVI Dual Link 45deg Left, 1Ft Extension Cable
and a Microsoft Wireless Laser Desktop 6000 v3
Well now when you take a look at the pictures below, the first one (top) will the the newest photo which is when it had the other motherboard I put on the other computer build "Bandi Box". Follow the pictures to see how it ends up. Also, note that almost all cables are hidden, the receiver for the keyboard and mouse is hidden too, though the only cable you might see is the angled DVI cable (which is the best one I could find on the market). Aside from that the white things that hang underneath it that look like teeth, are actually the 2 WiFi antennas that came with the Asus motherboard, and just so you see how well things are hidden here, this PC has these accessories: 2.1 speaker system, HD webcam, printer, scanner and card reader.
So if you have any questions, feel free to ask... Oh! and I might add, that all my build (including this one) are up for sale. So ask me or give me an offer if you're interested.
HAPPY BUILDING - PAUL
P.S. If you're interested in more of our projects, please visit us http://www.gobanditech.com