- BArch Final Year - Concept (2 of 3)
- Through the development of my analysis I then created six drawings which illustrate the connection between todays presence and yesterday's forgotten elements.
Hand drawings are from what I found on my movement through site which consist of warped signs, exposed manhole covers and cut off I-beams etc. These then formed a connection with the old plans of the train station which were acquired through the local archive systems.
- The drawings were then three dimensionalised into a set of models to express materiality and the delicate slivers of history that may have been forgotten.
- The concept models were later developed into one that related to site and purpose. I built up layers of my analysis then striped away the elements to reveal the bare bones of the site and its historical context. The steel bar is the continuum of time and my movement through site.
- The spaces created within the models were exposed through a further set on renders. These express the places that are hidden from sight and the lost layers.
- Building progression models.