- Australian Butterflies
A collection of scientific illustrations completed in the final year of my Bachelor of Natural History Illustration.
- The butterflies featured in this project are all Australian species. Each butterfly is scientifically accurate in scale and detail.The black and white illustrations are done by the method of stippling. A 0.1 size Copic Multiliner pen was used to achieve the stippled shading while a 0.05 size Copic Multiliner was used for the fine outline and hair detailing.The coloured butterfly plates are achieve by using watercolour over the top of the stippled linework.
- Richmond Birdwing Ornithoptera richmondiaMale
- Blue Triangle Graphium sarpedonMale
- Orchard SwallowtailPapilio aegeusMale (top) & Female (bottom)
- Ulysses SwallowtailPapilio ulyssesMale (top) & Female (bottom)