- Assaggio di Primaveraby Jose Graziosi of the George, Buckden
- Pan-roasted sea bass, wild garlic pesto, asparagus, broad beans, peas and clamsIngredientsPan-roasted sea bass
Wild garlic pesto
- 400g peeled, trimmed asparagus
- 150g broad beans
- 150g fresh peas
- 250g diced potatoes
- 4 sea bass fillets - approx 180g each
- 180g clams
- 300ml dry white wine
- 1 chopped garlic clove
- 50g unsalted butter
- 4 tbsp lemon oil
- 200g spinach
- Mixed garden herbs (pea shoots, chives, parsley)
- 200g wild garlic leaves
- 50ml lemon oil
- 2 tbsp capers
- Salt and pepper
- 250g cherry tomatoes
- Sliced garlic
- Dried oregano
- Icing sugar
RecipeMethod for tomatoes
- Slice the tomatoes in half.
- Place a slice of garlic on each half and scatter with oregano and icing sugar.
- Bake in a low oven (65C) for two hours.
Method for pesto
- Blend wild garlic leaves, capers, lemon oil, salt and pepper in a food processor.
Method for sea bass
- Prep the diced potatoes, asparagus, broad beans & peas. Blanch and refresh in iced water.
- Heat some lemon oil in a large frying pan. Add seasoned sea bass fillets and fry over medium heat for about 4 minutes.
- Add 15g butter and place pan in a medium oven (180C) for approx another 4 minutes until golden. Keep in a warm place.
- Heat oil and remaining butter in a pan and sauté the spinach. Warm the peas, broad beans, potatoes and asparagus
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in a pan and add the clams, white wine and chopped garlic. Cover and cook for approx. 4 minutes until the clam shells start to open.
- Brush a stripe of pesto onto the middle of a plate and place warmed peas, broad beans, potatoes, asparagus along it. Add the clams and coat with pesto and juices from the pan. Serves 4.
- Place the spinach into a ring mould on the plate, remove the mould and rest the sea bass fillet on top. Add the mixed herbs, oven-dried cherry tomatoes and enjoy!