- Art Forum Redesign
Redesigning a well-established magazine.
- Art Forum is a magazine dedicated to information about art. They are well renowned for their content and to be featured in it is a great honor. I felt that their design needed to reflect this more.
- These covers were designed with the idea that the image should be the main focus. I didn't want to 'pollute' the cover with too much type.
- The table of contents is easy to digest. The navigation is clear and concise, with obvious direction from a grid.
- The first section I designed was the "design" department. Ease of reading was the main focus. The images are placed throughout the text so as to engage the reader as he/she moves throughout the layout. At the end is an example of an advertisement.
- The final element to the redesign was the feature article. The placement of images in context of the copy was essential to maintaining the interest of the reader.
- **please note: All logos, trademarks, etc. are property of their respective owners.