A Small Orange
- Student ShowProject Featured On:Student Show — 1/28/12
- A Small Orange
Logo design and illustrating
- In collaboration with Kernel, UK-based web design company, I designed the logo for the web hosting company called A Small Orange and a couple of illustrations and icons which are integrated into the company's new website design.
- The idea for the logo came with the adjectives like friendly, personal, organic and technical. So the decision was to present an orange like the main object and add some detail to gain the professional and trusted feel.
- I started the process by sketching different layouts and shapes to get the most sensible solution. Two things that added some vintage flavor in the logo are the circular layout and the slightly laying banner.
- By digitizing the logo, I set up the proportions, shapes and space rules. I also tried out some different typefaces, experimented with a colors and added some shading to give it a more natural feel.
- The main idea was to gain an organic, personal feel and to connect all illustrations with its styles and conceptions to the one story, which could be technically and conceptually integrated into the website design. After many sketches, redrafts and variations, I came with the general style, which gives the friendly and easy look for the visitors.