An illustrated recapitulation of the last ten years
- Main-Post, Würzburgs biggest newspaper, asked me to draw a series of illustrations for their 2011-09-10 Saturday issue which reflects on the WTC terror attacks of 2001 and the following events like the wars in Afghanistan and Iraq. Each illustration is connected to an article - about the attacks itself, the financial crisis, eyewitness reports, personal stories and so on. In the following, I will only write down the main ideas and let the illustrations do the talking.
- Paradigm shift
- Public enemy number one
- War on terror
- Weapons of mass destruction?
- How many of them will return?
(based on an article about an American infantry brigade based in Schweinfurt, Germany)
- Where all the money goes
- We're all human, aren't we?
(based on an article about a 1000 mile marathon in New York City right after the terror attacks)
- Boys to soldiers
- Everyday paranoia: A little child's toys or a lethal threat?
- Still in our heads